Monday, March 21, 2011

Simple Pleasures...the art of finding the millions of things to be thankful for...

My boss has a Kuerig coffee maker next to his desk. He also has a collection of flavors to choose from...Italian Blend, French Roast, Chai Latte, English Breakfast etc all displayed on this metal tree. I made my first cup today. It was an Italian Blend day. As I left his office with my fresh cup of coffee, in my favorite mug from my Mom, I rounded the turn in the hallway to my desk that's located right next to my husband's. As I sat down, I soaked up the images of my kids that I keep on my desk....these "simple pleasures" a.k.a "profound blessings" swirled around me.

There have been seasons when it's been much harder to identify those blessings, but looking back, they were there. Thank you, Lord, for surrounding us with your goodness every day. Your blessings are all around us~may our eyes be wide open to see them.

1 comment: