Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Mingle Questions 3.21.11

I've joined a group called "Monday Mingle" hosted by www.eightymphmom.com. I'm learning from scratch how to blog/vlog/link/add buttons...and I'm not doing that great at it....which explains why I'm writing my Monday Mingle answers and not vlogging them (huge sigh--shaking fist in the air). Anyways, I'm believing I'll understand the details more by next Monday....here goes:

Questions for this week:

1. What would you do for fun if you had to give up TV & internet?

Honestly, somedays I would LOVE to not have electronics. I think my family would read more, play more board games, be outside more....I think it would be fantastic. All that said, our family members are all out-of-state, so the internet is such a lifeline to stay connected. I could do without TV, but I'm thankful for the internet.

2. What is your favorite breed of dog?

We have a schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle) and she's so sweet, so I really do like the poodle mixes. I think my favorite dog is the labradoodle. The ones I've seen are so big and happy and fluffy...so cute!

3. What is under your bed?

Two large, flat storage containers that house our wrapping paper, gift bags, crepe paper etc. I don't know why, but it's just evolved that way to keep the wrapping supplies there. I'm sure there is also I random sock and probably an empty plastic cup (I always have leftover water glasses by my bed--which I frequently knock over)

I'm glad to join the Monday Mingle community! I hope you all have a great start to your week!

7 comments:

  1. I'd read a lot more too! It's crazy how much the internet can suck you in! I really need to get back on my reading kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would read more! I really miss reading :) I too am learning the ropes of the blogging world and its taken me a few months, but I am finally getting the hang of it! :) I have found that asking question in the Blogger forums work really well and sometimes you can already find the answers you need! :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great to meet you Amy! I just joined the Monday Mingle too. My mom loves her schnoodle; I like that she doesn't shed, unlike my pup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I unplug Friday-Saturday night. No tv, internet, or phone! It's a wonderfully refreshing thing. :)
    LOL Labradoodles are especially cute...
    I love storage containers that slide under the bed. They're perfect! :)
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for mingling Amy! I have never seen a schnoodle before but would love a non shedding dog. Our lab leaves a coat of hair on everything she comes in contact with but she is a good girl :) Can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello - it's nice to meet you!

    I agree - it would be nice to get back to the basics sometimes - without internet at least. Easier said than done though, for me!

    If you ever need any help with blogging, vlogging, adding buttons, etc., please shoot me an email - I'd be happy to show you the ropes :)

    A schnoodle! I've never heard of that before LOL.



    Have a wonderful rest of the week - I hope you'll join in again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I occasionally shut down the computer and curl up in the chair with a book. I have made it a new year's resolution to read more, and am trying to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete