Tuesday, March 15, 2011

OUCH!

I noticed this tree last week. The way the tree had enveloped that barbed wire looked painful to me. It must have taken a long time for this to occur. Honestly, it made me think of our lives...I wonder how often the "barbs" of life become absorbed into our lives, now undetected, instead of being cut away in time? I guess the barbs could be unforgiveness or remaining in a state of discontent or ungratefulness or even sin. What have we allowed into our lives that we've enveloped and are now numb to? May our eyes be opened to what may still need to be "cut away" so we can be the whole and healed child of God that He wants us to be.

Thinking on all of this reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures:

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14


No comments:

Post a Comment